Definitions and interpretation
Data - Collectively all information that you submit to Flashprice via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 2018;
Cookies - A small text file placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below (cookies);
Flashprice OR we OR us - Flashprice, whose registered name is Above Surface LTD, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09862219 whose registered office is at Unit B2 Brookside Business Centre, Greengate, Oldham, Lancashire, M24 1GS;
UK and EU Cookie Law - The privacy and electronic communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or You - any third party that accesses the website and is not either (i) employed by Flashprice and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Flashprice and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website - The website that you are currently using, www.flashprice.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a) The Singular includes the plural and vice versa
c) A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d) “Including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e) Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4) We may collect the following data, which includes personal data, from you:
c) Payment details upon purchase
Our use of data
5) For purposes of the data protection Act 2018, Flashprice is the “data controller”.
a) We will retain any data you submit for 12 months.
b) Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
c) All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018. For more details on security see the clause below (security).
6) Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a) To fulfil our contract in delivering purchased goods to you;
b) Internal record keeping;
c) Improvement of our products / services;
d) Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Third party websites and services
7) Flashprice may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal data provided by users of this website.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
11) We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
12) In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your data
13) Wherever you are required to submit data, you will be given options to restrict our use of data. This may include the following:
a) Use of data for direct marketing purposes; and
b) Sharing data with third parties.
Functionality of the website
14) To use all features and functions available on the website, you may be required to submit certain data. For purchases delivery and contact information is required.
Accessing your own data
15) You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Flashprice (where such data is held).
16) Data security is of great importance to Flashprice and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website.
a) If password access is required for certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
b) We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the website.
a) All cookies used by this website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
b) Before the website places cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies, you are enabling Flashprice to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies; however certain features of the website may not function fully or as intended.
c) This website may place the following cookies:
Type of cookie
Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how many visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
18) You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
a) You can choose to delete cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently, including, but not limited to, personalised settings.
b) It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up to date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
b) Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
c) This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Flashprice by email at email@example.com
02 August 2019